Contact Clemmer College, Box 70685, Johnson City TN 37614 or Telephone (423) 439-7626. Office located in Room 321 Warf-Pickel
- To begin the add-on, complete the Declaration of Intent to Pursue Additional Teaching Endorsements.
Any substitution requests in add-on programs must be routed through the certification officer. Contact Clemmer College main office for Substitution Request forms.
- Teacher education students who are pursuing initial teaching license and wish to add credits toward an add-on endorsement may do so. Please be advised: An add-on program does not necessarily meet the requirements of a minor and substitutions or approvals made for teaching add-ons do not take the place of catalog requirements or departmental advisement for degree purposes.
- Courses counted toward an add-on must have a minimum grade of "C-" or equivalent unless otherwise stated in this program sheet.
- Add-ons will not be verified unless all requirements for initial Tennessee teaching
license are met.
Praxis II Subject Area tests are required for add-ons. Request current Praxis II information for Tennessee in Room 321 Warf-Pickel Bldg. When registering for the tests, be sure to designate East Tennessee State University, Recipient Code 1198, to receive a copy of your score report. Examinee's copies are not accepted by the Office of Teacher Licensing for official verification.
- The Application for Tennessee Teaching License or Amendment to Licensure is available in Room 321 Warf-Pickel. The candidate will complete Part I of the form, attach up to date transcripts showing all completed coursework relevant to the add-on and return to Clemmer College main office for processing.
PreK-3 (21 Hour) - For those who already hold a Tennessee teaching license in Elementary Education (K-8, 1-8, K-3, K-6, 4-8)
PreK-3 (30 Hour) - For those who already hold any other type of teaching license outside of Elementary Education