Program Coordinator – PEDU, B.S. – PE K-12 concentration
- Ph.D. - Kinesiology (Physical Education Pedagogy)- University of Virginia (2014)
- M.S.S - Sports Management- United States Sports Academy (2010)
- B.S. Ed. - Physical Education - State University of New York at Cortland (2004)
- Elementary Physical Education Methods (PEXS 4700/5700)
- Secondary Physical Education Methods (PEXS 4717/5717)
- Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education (PEXS 4060)
- Scientific Basis of Human Performance (PEXS 3850)
- Adapted Physical Education (PEXS 4250)
- Teaching Sports Skills (I/II) (PEXS 3095/4001)
- Wellness for Life (PHED 1130)
- Educational technology in physical education
- Teacher preparation in physical education teacher education (PETE) programs
- Remote supervision of preservice physical educators
- Lifetime physical activities
O’Neil, K., Boyce, B. A. (under review). Improving effectiveness of pre-service physical
education teachers through field-based supervision.
Greene, A., O’Neil K., Johnston, B. (under review). Understanding the sport consumer of a new NCAA Division
I football program: Who is the fan, and why does it matter?
Greene, A., O’Neil K., Lhotsky, G. (in press) Exploring a new Division I football program on a university
campus: An application of collaborative action research in sports management. Journal of Work Applied Management.
O’Neil, K., Richards, K. A. R. (in press). Breaking From traditionalism: Strategies for the
recruitment of physical education teachers. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
Krause, J. M., O’Neil, K., Dauenhauer, B. (in press). Plickers: A formative assessment tool for K-12 and
PETE professionals. Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators.
O’Neil, K., Krause, J. M, Douglas, S. (in press). University supervisor perceptions of live
remote supervision in physical education teacher education training. International Journal of Kinesiology in Higher Education.
O’Neil, K. (2017) Creation and initial validation of the Physical Educator Efficacy Scale for
Teaching Lifetime Physical Activities (PEES-LPA). Journal of Physical Activity Research, 2 (1), 7-14.
O’Neil, K., Krause, J. M. (2016). The sport education model: A track and field unit application.
Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. 87(8), 14-20.
Boyce, B. A., Lund, J., & O’Neil, K. (2016). The Impact of supply and demand on doctorates in physical education teacher
education: The future of the profession. Quest, 1-11.
Boyce, B. A., Lund, J., & O’Neil, K. (2015). PETE doctoral institutions: Programs, faculty and students. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 86(3), 311-318.