Curriculum and Requirements
For Allied Health Leadership Concentration
ETSU Catalog2020-2021 Curriculum
Students seeking admission to the Allied Health Leadership concentration must meet the following criteria:
- College GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale (developmental studies grades/quality
- Official transcripts and proof of graduation from an accredited allied health Associate
of Applied Science (A.A.S.) program (i.e. Med Lab Tech, Medical Assistant, OTA, PTA) or Hold
certification* in a medically related field; (*additional intensive courses are required
- Licensed or eligible for professional licensure in discipline.
In order to complete the program students need:
30 semester credits (10 courses) must be completed through ETSU:
- ALHE 3010 - Allied Health Professionals (enroll 1st semester)***
- ALHE 4010 - Teach and Learn for Allied Health
- ALHE 3040 - Interprofessional Allied Health Teams
- ALHE 4100 - Information Management for Allied Health
- ALHE 4030 - Professional Issues
- ALHE 4040 - Managing Allied Health Profession
- ALHE 4060 - Research in Allied Health
- ALHE 4070 - Leadership in Allied Health
- ALHE 3050 - Culture and Diversity
- HSMP 3200 - Health Services Administration
- HSMP 3220 - Health Services Planning
- ALHE 4080 - Capstone
*** upon successful completion of ALHE 3010 & ALHE 4070, Leadership students may be awarded 0 to 30 field cognate (bridge credit) hours. A grade of "P" will be entered for ALHE 2010 (2 credits) and 2020 (3 credits). Field cognate hours are awarded in the senior year when the pre-grade evaluation is completed and submitted to the Graduation Office.
General Education Courses - may be completed through ETSU or any 2-4 year regionally accredited college or university
Additional Science Requirements (please consult with Kay Benincasa to ensure courses taken transfer into ETSU):
- Anatomy & Physiology (8 credits) - satisfies gen.ed. science requirement
- Chemistry (4 credits)
- Microbiology (4 credits)
A total of 120 earned semester credits:
- 30 semester credits (10 courses) must be earned through ETSU.
- 50 credits must be earned at a senior level institution (NOTE: Field cognate credits are included in the 50 ETSU credit hour requirement.)
- 6 credits in the major must be earned through ETSU.
Students must earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 to meet program requirements in all courses (ETSU, including transfer credits). The GPA requirement for ETSU admissions is a minimum 2.0.
All students must demonstrate computer proficiency by either successfully completing CSCI 1100 or by passing a proficiency exam.
"I was able to choose my schedule based on what I had going on during the semester." -Beatrice Dye
"Kay was so helpful! When I started the process of getting into the program, Kay evaluated my transcripts and sent me a detailed worksheet of every class that I needed." -LuAnne Buck
"ETSU's online program was well-rounded and I was able to finish the program in just 18 months." -Christy Raby