Admission to the Radiologic Science program is a competitive process and is separate from the student's admission to ETSU. A limited number of students are admitted annually. Please note that the program has one start date per year, and that is for the fall semester. Each applicant is evaluated on the basis of academic record, clinical observation, and personal interview.
Students must be admitted both to the university and to the program, requiring separate application processes. Admission to the university does not ensure admission to the program.
Application deadline is March 1. Please read Application Process section below before applying. Apply Here
All students interest in applying to the Radiologic Science program should contact our on-campus advisor, Emily Daugherty, to schedule an advisement appointment. Periodic advising is recommended.
Prospective ETSU students, call 423-439-5051 to get scheduled with Emily.
Candidate Admission Eligibility
Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements:
- Minimum college GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Complete required prerequisites with a minimum grade of C- or better
- Complete 16 credit hours (minimum) from the general education core (NOT including prerequisite courses) maintaining a 2.5 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale
- Complete a minimum of 8 observation hours 6 months prior to applying
Prerequisites for the Program
ETSU Assosciated Course
|Anatomy and Physiology I Lecture and Lab
|Anatomy and Physiology II Lecture and Lab||HSCI 2020/21
|Introduction to Microbiology Lecture and Lab||HSCI 2230/31|
|Any College-Level Chemistry Course Lecture and Lab||CHEM 1030 or CHEM 1110/1111|
|Introduction to Allied Health
|Patient Care and Assessment
|Probability and Statistics - Noncalculus||MATH 1530|
|Using Information Technology
||CSCI 1100 or Proficiency Exam for CSCI 1100
- Apply to the program by March 1
- Participate in 8 hours observation and complete the observation hours log by March 1. Every hour over 8 will count as 1 point/hour up to a maximum of 10 points. Here are the instructions and clinical contacts for observation hours.
- Attend a mandatory group advisement during March (date/time will be scheduled and applicants will receive an email with the information to their email address provided within the application form.)
- Essay will be completed in person after group advisement.
- Participate in an interview during April (date/time will be scheduled by applicant)
- Receive notification of conditional acceptance by May 25th via email.
- Return verification form as a candidate or alternate within one week of receiving the conditional acceptance email.
After acceptance into the Radiologic Science program, students must be accepted by the university for the fall semester before they begin the program. Students may also choose to apply to ETSU before acceptance into the Radiologic Science program.
Admission to the Radiologic Science program is a competitive process and is based on:
|10||Clinical Observation Hours (8 hour minimum)|
|40||Science GPA (consisting of A&P I, A&P II, Microbiology, Chemistry and Stats) * Calculated at the end of the spring semester a student applies|
|35||Overall GPA *Calculated at the end of the spring semester a student applies|