To develop expert physical therapists who provide the highest quality care through the promotion of enhanced clinical practice, clinical research, and professionalism within the field of orthopaedic physical therapy.
Provide post professional programs in physical therapy to enhance the quality of care for the people of our region.
The East Tennessee State University Residency and Fellowship Training Programs recognize:
- The framework for instruction should be student centered
- Fostering an open learning environment is vital
- Critical thought is foundational for growth
- Collaboration is key to success
- To meet and maintain ABPTRFE stands for accreditation.
- To support the mission of the sponsoring and affiliate organization programs through improving the quality of physical therapy practice.
- To graduate participants who demonstrate advanced knowledge, clinical reasoning, and skills through obtaining and maintaining specialty certification through American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists or Fellowship status through the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists.
- To graduate participants who continually contribute to the physical therapy profession through service roles.
- The program is operational and sustainable.