To promote advanced clinical practice, clinical research, and professionalism within the field of physical therapy.
Provide post professional programs in physical therapy to enhance the quality of care for the people of our region.
The East Tennessee State University Residency and Fellowship Training Programs recognize:
- The framework for instruction should be student centered
- Fostering an open learning environment is vital
- Critical thought is foundational for growth
- Collaboration is key to success
- To meet and maintain ABPTRFE standard for accreditation.
- To support the mission of the sponsoring and affiliate organization programs by improving the quality of physical therapy practice.
- The program is operational and sustainable.
- To graduate participants who obtain and hold specialty certification through American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists or Fellowship status through the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists.
- To graduate participants who continually contribute to the practice of physical therapy within their specialty area.
- To graduate participants who demonstrate advanced reasoning and clinical skills within their specialty area of practice.
- To graduate participants who contribute to the healthcare system through interdisciplinary and collegial collaboration.