Licensure by the Tennessee Department of Education is available to social workers who successfully complete the requirements for a BSW or MSW degree plus the following three courses:
For Undergrad Students:
- EDFN 3301 - Issues in Education (3 credits)
- SPED 2300 - Exceptional Learners in Schools and Communities (3 credits)
- SOWK 4467 - Seminar in School Social Work (3 credits)
For Grad Students:
- EDFN 5420- Foundations in Education: Building a Community of Learners (4 credits)
- SPED 5500 - History, Issues and Trends in Educating Exceptional Learners (3 credits)
- SOWK 5467- Seminar in School Social Work (3 credits)
Field Practicum: Must be in an approved school setting (see field directors for additional information).
Information about licensure exams is available from the Certification Analyst in the College of Education.
Interested? Talk to your advisor!