Licensure by the Tennessee Department of Education is available to social workers who successfully complete the requirements for a BSW or MSW degree plus the following three courses:
For Undergrad Students:
- EDFN 3301 - Issues in Education (3 credits)
- SPED 2300 - Exceptional Learners in Schools and Communities (3 credits)
- SOWK 4467 - Seminar in School Social Work (3 credits)
For Grad Students:
- EDFN 5420- Foundations in Education: Building a Community of Learners (4 credits)
- SPED 5500 - History, Issues and Trends in Educating Exceptional Learners (3 credits)
- SOWK 5467- Seminar in School Social Work (3 credits)
Information about licensure exams is available from the Certification Analyst in the College of Education.
Interested? Talk to your advisor!