skip to main content columnskip to left navigationskip to horizontal navigation

Office of Financial Aid

Division of Student Affairs

We regret that circumstances are such that you must withdraw from a semester. The following information will assist you in the process of withdrawal. Please remember that personal counseling and guidance are available.

For counseling or other guidance, please contact the Student Affairs Office, Third Level, Culp Center (423-439-4210).

Before Withdrawing:

  • Please note that your withdrawal will affect your financial aid eligibility including future eligibility for the Lottery Scholarship.  If you receive any financial aid (including Lottery Scholarship), please contact us (105 Dossett Hall or 423-439-4300). 
  • ETSU participates in Title IV financial aid programs and has to report student attendance and withdrawing from the university. Consult the Unofficial Withdrawal Policy and Student Attendance for information that may affect you.

Withdrawal Process:

  • To officially withdraw from a semester or term, you must complete a Request for Withdrawal Form and return it to the Registrar's Office, room 101, Dossett Hall or fax it to 423-439-6604.
  • Be sure to retain the student copy of the withdrawal for your records.
  • All requests for withdrawal from a semester or term must be received in the Registrar's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. two days before the last day of classes of any academic term.
  • If you are requesting any refunds, you must also complete the Withdrawal Appeals form located at Appropriate documentation is required with this form.
  • You may also need to submit a satisfactory academic progress appeal.  Please see our satisfactory academic progress policy
icon for left menu icon for right menu