- Benefits & Opportunities
- The Academic Experience
- Qualifications & Application
- Special Opportunities
- Program Faculty
- Current Students
- Prospective Students
- Student Spotlights
- Arts Degree @ ETSU
- Alumni, Donors & Friends
- Useful Links
- Honors Home
- Contact Us
The Fine & Performing Arts Scholars program at ETSU Invites high-achieving students to join our community of artistically and academically talented undergraduate scholars pursuing excellence in the many arts represented on our campus.
Are you a musician, an actor, set designer, painter, a bluegrass fiddler, an animator, a sculptor, a dancer, a creative writer, or one of many other types of artistic creative individuals? Or are you interested in the history of art or the history of film?
The program focuses on recruiting exceptional students, nurturing their artistic and intellectual growth through challenging curricula, promoting their commitment to life-long learning and service, and instilling in them a desire to advance creativity and knowledge in their field.
In addition, we sponsor activities, events, and programs designed to enhance the collective cultural and intellectual environment and foster a more global perspective within the university community.
Whatever your means of artistic expression or interests, we have a home for you in
the Fine & Performing Arts Scholars program within the Honors College at East Tennessee State University.
Find your home away from home and challenge yourself to push beyond your comfort zone to create your own academic experiences.
Explore new ideas with other arts scholars, encouraging each other, while building valuable networks - all in a safe environment with faculty and staff to guide you.
FPA Student Spotlights
- 24-credit hour honors curriculum;
- focus on fostering artistic identities and professional practices;
- supportive community of scholars;
- honors advising and mentoring;
- the opportunity to work one-on-one with faculty on a significant creative, artistic, or research project in your chosen field;
- preparation for conducting research and writing or presenting an undergraduate honors thesis;
- priority registration
- 24/7 access to honors facilities (computer labs, study facilities, rehearsal and studio space); and
- honors housing option