The Bert C. Bach Fine & Performing Arts Scholarship
- 10 funded in-state and up to 8 unfunded in-state students admitted each fall
- Up to 10 out-of-state students
- 8 semesters of in-state tuition or out-of-state tuition difference (if applicable)
In-state scholarships cover the costs of in-state tuition and many of the fees for a
Border Counties (for more information)
Border County students are treated as in-state students for the
purposes of scholarship and fees. Border counties include:
- North Carolina: Ashe, Avery, Haywood, Madison, Mitchell, Watauga, and Yancey
- Virginia: Grayson, Lee, Scott, Washington
Out-of-state scholarships, for students not residing in Tennessee,
cover the costs of out-of-state tuition for a full-time student. Students
will still need to fund in-state tuition and fees.
International students are encouraged to apply. For the purposes of scholarship, successful international applicants receive the benefits as out-of-state students.
Academic Common Market (for more information)
Academic Common Market students are treated as out-of-state students and receive the costs of out-of-state tuition for a full-time student unless approval is granted prior to March 1st.
- Complete all requirements of the application for admission to ETSU
- Complete separate application for admission to the Fine & Performing Arts Scholars Program
Admission is competitive.
A separate application, in addition to applying for admission to ETSU, is required.
- Incoming freshmen
- Minimum 2.75 high school GPA (4.0 scale)
- Minimum 22 ACT (or comparable SAT)
- Excellent artistic portfolio
- Community and leadership activities
- Writing skill and academic references