Admission to an Honors-in-Discipline program does not include awarding of a scholarship. Please read all of the information on this page to understand HID scholarship awards.
The Honors College offers two different types of scholarships to Honors-in-Discipline students on a competitive basis.
- Tennessee residents who participate in an HID program may be eligible to receive an HID scholarship covering full in-state tuition and most course fees. These scholarships are awarded for a maximum of eight semesters of study, contingent on maintaining eligibility. The 8-semester maximum is cumulative with other ETSU tuition scholarships, such as APS. There is a limited number of these scholarships and the number to be awarded each semester depends on the number of students graduating and making their scholarships available.
- Out-of-State students who participate in an HID program may be eligible to receive a scholarship covering the out-of-state portion of their tuition, contingent on meeting and maintaining eligibility requirements.
Admission to an HID program makes students eligible for scholarship offers; scholarship offers come separately from letters of admission. Once admitted to an HID program students are automatically put on the eligibility list; there is no separate scholarship application. All scholarship offers come from The Honors College, not the program coordinators.
Since not all students receive scholarships in their first semester as an HID scholar,
students remain eligible to be awarded a scholarship in future semesters as long as
they remain in good standing in their program.
Apply for The Honors-in-Discipline Scholars Programs
- Scholarship offers are separate from offers of acceptance into an HID Program.
- Scholarships are awarded for both fall and spring semesters as they become available.
- Applications must be received by HID Coordinators by November 1st to be considered for a scholarship for the following spring and by March 1st to be considered for a scholarship for the following fall.
- Scholarship offers are generally made in May and December.
- Fall scholarships do not post to student accounts until mid August.
- Students receiving scholarships must enroll in a minimum of 15 credits each semester.