The program includes an integrated, four-year,
18-hour honors curriculum.
- Students enter the program in a cohort and take 11 hours
of honors courses with the cohort over the first two years.
- In the first year, service scholars will explore opportunities
for community service through a one-hour honors colloquium course in the fall and spring semesters, and an additional service-learning course in the spring semester.
- In the second year, service scholars will take honors courses
in ethics and diversity that help provide theoretical structure
and perspective on service.
- In the third and fourth years, service scholars will take
honors-enriched courses in their major, including
service-learning courses in the major.
- In the final year, service scholars will engage in a capstone
- Service scholars are required to engage in a minimum of 40
hours of community service each semester.
- The program will guide students through the process of
exploring their own interests, finding appropriate organizations
and opportunities, and devising a plan each semester for
completing service hours.
- Explore community partners here -
Agency Partnership Directory