The Innovation LLC prepares students to become future entrepreneurs, innovators, business, and community leaders by emphasizing creativity, teamwork, and collaboration. The Innovation LLC provides residents with opportunities to gain experiences in entrepreneurship and innovation. Individuals selected for this community will work in teams to develop and cultivate unique ideas and concepts. A primary goal is to foster students’ ability to develop these ideas into a successful product, process, or business. Students will also learn how to create business plans, budgets, and marketing plans, along with developing elevator pitches and working prototypes. Residents will have access to financial and personnel resources that support innovation progression, and will participate in regular professional development activities with experienced academic, business, and community leaders.
The Innovation Living-Learning Community is a partnership of the College of Business and Technology and the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
- Students must be declared majors or minors in the College of Business and Technology.
- Students must complete a general application to the Innovation LLC application and be selected to the community.
- Must be willing to participate in regular programming and events, including community gatherings, plenary sessions with faculty/community/business leaders, and social activities
- Reside in designated space within Lucille Clement Hall. Spaces in the Innovations LLC are reserved only for accepted Innovations members.
To stay in the community, students must:
- Demonstrate commitment to the living-learning community by participating fully in programs, plenaries, and activities throughout the semester.
- Be in good academic standing with the University.
- Be in good standing with regards to student conduct.