The ETSU Desktop Replacement Policy provides eligible faculty and staff with a new desktop computer every four years. Information Technology Services (ITS) is working to improve your experience during your upcoming computer replacement. The Computing Technology Services (CTS) division of ITS is implementing a new process. We will continuously replace approximately 40 computers per month as part of an on-going computer replacement project. Faculty and staff will now have the ability to work closely with CTS to schedule installation of their new computer at a time most convenient for them.
In preparation for your new computer, please complete the Computer Replacement Information Form.
Completion of the form is an important part of this initiative as you will:
- select the desktop computer type and level you prefer
- choose the top 3 months most convenient for you
- choose the day of the week most convenient for you
After completing and submitting the form, you will need to enter your supervisor’s contact information for approval.
Once your form has been completed with the proper approvals,
A CTS representative will contact you during the month you are scheduled for the install:
- to schedule an appointment for the installation of your new computer
- your new computer will be installed on your scheduled appointment
- your data will be transferred
- all peripherals will be reinstalled
We are working to improve our process and provide a more positive and efficient experience for faculty and staff. We will provide a survey after your new computer is installed, and would appreciate your feedback regarding your experience and service during your computer replacement.