Early Admission Pathway
Start your pharmacy career now.
ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy's Early Admission Pathway is a program for high-achieving students who want to start their pharmacy career now. High school seniors choosing to attend ETSU or current ETSU freshmen can apply to be accepted directly into Gatton College of Pharmacy. Our Early Admission Pathway provides students the opportunity to earn both a Bachelor of Science and a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) in 6 years.
Gatton College of Pharmacy recognizes that grades and test scores are only small aspects of an applicant's overall ability to succeed as a student pharmacist and later excel as a practitioner. If you desire to become a pharmacist and are interested in attending Gatton College of Pharmacy, you are encouraged to apply.
High School Seniors
- No minimum GPA or ACT/SAT
- Competitive applicants will have an average high school GPA of 3.5 or higher and an ACT of 25 or higher (or comparable SAT score)
- Early Admission Pathway students must attend ETSU
- Must be enrolled full-time at ETSU
- Must have completed 2 semesters (or be completing when you apply)
- Must have completed 12 hours of math/science prerequisites (or be completing when you apply)
- Competitive applicants will have an average college GPA of 3.0 or higher (cumulative and science)
Application to the Early Admission Pathway is separate from the application for admission to ETSU. To apply, you will use the PharmDirect application service. The application fee for PharmDirect is $50; however, Gatton College of Pharmacy will cover this cost. Email our Admission’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the $50 coupon code.
- Application Deadline: March 31
- Letter of Reference: One (1) letter of reference is required from an academic source: high school teacher, high school guidance counselor, college professor, or academic advisor. The letter should be submitted through PharmDirect.
- Interview: An in-person interview with the Admissions Committee is required. Only selected applicants are invited to interview.
- Interviews are conducted in March and April.
- Applicants are notified of the Admissions Committee's decision by no later than the end of April.
Matriculation into PharmD Program
Early Admission Pathway students receive a conditional acceptance that allows them to matriculate into the PharmD program without going through the traditional admission process. Matriculation is contingent upon satisfying all program requirements, including:
- Complete all PharmD prerequisites with a minimum grade of C
- All prerequisite coursework must be taken at ETSU unless an exception is granted. If you completed courses as a dual-enrolled high school student, your courses will be accepted.
- Be enrolled full-time every semester
- Maintain a college GPA of 3.0 or higher (cumulative and science)
- Participate in all required personal/professional development activities
Early Admission Pathway students may begin the PharmD program as early as the end of their second year of college but can delay entry in order to complete additional courses or a degree, if desired. Students who have earned AP or dual-enrollment credit hours may be able to shorten this time frame.
Have questions? Contact us.