Your personal safety is a general recognition and avoidance of possible harmful situations or persons in your surroundings. ETSU Public Safety works around the clock to ensure the safety of students, staff, and faculty of the university, but by striving to increase your personal safety, you can help yourself avoid potentially harmful situations.
Four ways to increase your personal safety:
- Reduce or eliminate opportunities that may make you a target.
- Increase awareness in places you're most comfortable.
- Trust your instincts regardless of feeling embarrassed.
- Prepare your schedule daily with safety in mind.
Be responsible for your personal safety:
- Be alert to potential danger
- Trust your instincts
- Be aware of all your surroundings
- Avoid anything that does not feel safe
- Anticipate possible problems
- Be vigilant and prepared for anything
- Report suspicious activity
Student Incident and CARE Reports
- Submit an *Incident Report - Submit an incident report about a violation (Submitted information should not be considered confidential)
- Submit a *CARE Report - Submit a report concerning a medical situation, mental health, or other non-disciplinary violation (Submitted information should not be considered confidential)
- If you have any questions about these forms, please contact the Division of Student Affairs office at 423-439-4210.