- International Friendship Program (IFP)
- International Buccaneer Buddies (IBB)
- Activities & Events
- International Quest
- Resources for International Students
- Contact Us
Host volunteers are the backbone of our IFP program. We are grateful to have such kindhearted, selfless and welcoming people who share our vision. The goal of all IFP host volunteers is to make a difference in the lives of international students by helping them adapt to their new community.
IFP host volunteers are expected to house new international students for at least two nights, help them shop for basic housing/dorm necessities and aid them in moving into their chosen on/off campus housing.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click on and complete the appropriate IFP application form:IFP ETSU Host (for ETSU faculty and staff only); IFP Community Host (for those who do not work at ETSU)
- Background Check: All new community hosts (non-ETSU staff) are required to pass a background check.
All you have to do is consent to it when filling out the application form. Though
we hate to ask volunteers to pay for their background check, our limited funding renders
it necessary. The cost is $28.50, which can be sent to us via mail at this:
- We appreciate your willingness to get involved!
- Host Volunteer Orientation: After a successful background check, new hosts are required to come to our office for a brief orientation. We will send you an email to confirm an orientation date.