Focus and Concentration
- This site has 5 ways to help college students stay focused.
- This site has 10 tips how to tune out DISTRACTIONS and FOCUS on your studies.
- This handout provides the inter-dependence of healthy sleep and academic performance.
- This handout provides steps to take when you read challenging text and organize your notes and thoughts.
This handout provides 6 reading habits to develop when engaging a text. They are very important information for a 1st year student.
How you read a textbook and a biography is different. This site provides reading techniques for college courses.
This site provides classis way of reading and learning from textbook which student in-group or individual study sessions.
This site provides 10 tips to get the most out of your textbook
- This handout addresses students concerns about note-taking and frequently asked questions.
- This site simply answers why students need to take notes in addition to the instructors’ handouts.
- This site has simple steps for note taking.
- What good is it if you do not remember what you read? This handout recommends strategies to practice that will help your memory.
- This site provides detailed tips based on two types of memory.
This site provides specific techniques to strengthen your memory and to efficiently study.
Dispelling some myths about memory, this site gives credit to our brain and provides detailed research based tips and you can practice.
- Some students dread those quizzes and exams. This site provides tips on test taking strategies, how to prepare for different types of test questions and essay questions.
- This site gives information on test taking strategies as well as tips on how to answer the different types of test questions and key words to look for when reading essay questions.
- This site gives students some tips on how to manage their time effectively while still living a healthy lifestyle.
- This site brings up how procrastination can be a slippery slope for students, and ways to avoid falling into procrastination patterns.
College Health 101
- This site provides broad information on several areas of campus life. It has tips and recommendations for healthy campus life.
This site recommends tips for maintaining healthy and active social and academic life for college students by categories such as diet, exercise etc.
This site provides 7 tips for students to live healthier and achieve your goals.
This handout provides the inter-dependence of healthy sleep and academic performance.
This site helps to learn and understand the importance of healthy sleep and its impact on health and learning.
- This site provides information that students need to be aware of and expect as a new student. It points out critical moments that students will experience during the first month or two.
- Learning Support Program UAC
- All Trio Programs
- Transfer and Adult Students
Mathematics & statistics Resources
- Campus Map
- Counseling Center
- Questions about being “Undeclared or Undecided”