- About Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Academic and Judicial Standing
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Calendar
- Interfraternity Council
- College Panhellenic
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- Leadership & Educational Initiatives
- Honor Societies
- Special Projects
- Forms and Resources
- Contact Us
Learn more about the National Pan-Hellenic Council Plaza at: www.etsu.edu/nphcplaza
Information regarding fraternity and sorority judicial and academic standings may
be found here. This also includes a list of any fraternities or sororities that are not recognized.
The National Pan-Hellenic Council at ETSU serves as the governing body for the campus historically African American fraternities and sororities. NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions. NPHC organizations have a profound commitment to community service. They embrace the continuance of social actions, political empowerment and economic development.
The NPHC member organizations at ETSU include, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma, Inc., and Zeta Phi Beta, Inc. To become a member of either one of these organizations, undergraduate students must meet specific membership qualifications and criteria. Potential new members should be in good standing with the university, have good morals, strong values, and campus and community involvement. Such requirements are designed to promote the building of strong end effective chapters.
Each NPHC group conducts its own membership intake process. Chapters advertise their membership intake process through flyers labeled interest meeting, informational, or meet and greet which all students are welcome to attend and express interest in and learn more about and organization.
2019 - 2020 NPHC Executive Officers
5 Helpful Hints on joining an NPHC Organization
- Research us! We are all have separate national websites that talk about our purpose,
passion, and goals. Reading our websites will give you a better perspective on what
we look for in potential members. You can find links to these on the Fraternities
& Sororities Tab!
- Come talk to us! We are very friendly and LOVE when people ask about our organizations!
- Attend our programs. Not only do we host these programs to educate and uplift the community around us, but also to recruit members who have the same passions as we do.
- Scholarship. Remember, you are a student first. We have certain GPA requirements that new members must meet.
- Get Involved! Being diverse in other clubs and organizations on campus is a great way to show leadership skills and build relationships with other community members.
If you need to call attention to a student of concern, please review information about ETSU's CARE Report.