The CFAA will be open for tutoring for the spring semester starting on Monday, January 22.
To access our tutoring schedule, click here.
The CFAA offers free individual tutoring in writing, math, science, many general education core courses, and select upper level courses. Tutors can also help students develop more effective study skills. Individual tutoring is conducted on a by-appointment basis, but walk-ins are accommodated as the schedule allows. The CFAA uses a web-based tutoring schedule so students may easily set and modify their own appointments. Students may schedule an appointment by clicking here to visit the schedule and register for an account. To watch a video explaining how to register for tutoring and make an appointment, click here. Students are encouraged to stop by the main tutoring desk (first floor of the Sherrod Library just past Einstein Bros. Bagels) or call 423-439-7111 for assistance.
Individual Tutoring Policies
- To ensure we help the most students possible, students may only make one appointment per subject per day. Students may have an appointment for writing, math, and science on the same day, but not two writing appointments on the same day.
- Students can make appointments up to two weeks in advance. Weekly recurring appointments are available for students with a documented learning disability, students re-taking a class they have previously failed, or students enrolled in learning support courses.
- You can cancel an appointment by logging in to the system, selecting your appointment, then selecting “Cancel Appointment,” or by calling our front desk.
- Failure to attend a tutoring appointment will result in being marked as a “no-show.” After two no-shows, the system will disable your tutoring account, and you will have to meet with the Learning Services Coordinator (Deidre Johnson: email@example.com, 423-439-7121) to have your account reset.
- Tutoring is an active, engaging process that requires your full participation. Please bring any materials you have (assignment sheet, notes, text, etc.) to help ensure a successful session.
- Individual appointments are not available for courses supported by the Supplemental Instruction (SI) Program (Biology I/II for Majors and General Chemistry I/II). If you are not able to attend these sessions, you will need to meet with the Learning Services Coordinator (Deidre Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org, 423-439-7121) to schedule individual tutoring appointments.
- Before scheduling a tutoring appointment, please read the Tutoring Guidelines and Expectations.
- Tuesday, September 5th will be the first day of tutoring for fall 2017
- If all appointment times are filled for the subject you need, get on the Waiting List.
Other ETSU Tutoring Resources
College of Business & Technology, Economics & Finance Lab: https://www.etsu.edu/cbat/economics/
College of Business & Technology, Accounting Lab: http://business.etsu.edu/acct/
Student Support Services: https://www.etsu.edu/academicaffairs/trio/sss/
Humphreys Center (Athletics): http://www.etsubucs.com/athletics/services/
Private Tutoring (Paid): Tutor Matching Service - ETSU