East Tennessee State University (ETSU) was established as a teachers college in 1911. While our commitment to preparing teachers and school leaders is ever strong, the university has grown into a complex regional nationally recognized institution. ETSU effectively combines a wide range of strong academic curriculum of over 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including 13 on the doctoral level. An NCAA Division I school and member of the Southern Conference, the Buccaneer program consists of 18 teams and participates in the Football Championship Subdivision.
The Office of the President established a trademark licensing program whose mission is to:
- direct all commercial and retail associated with university identifying marks;
- protect university brand, by:
- ensuring that only approved representations of the university identity appears before the public;
- monitor and prohibit unauthorized use of university identifying marks;
- generate revenue through transactions associated with trademark licensing.
Learn more about trademark basics here.
The formal licensing program is administered through and in partnership with CLC.
Please click on the following links for additional information.
- Trademark and Licensing Policies
- Faculty, Staff, and Student Policies
- Obtaining a License
- Unauthorized Use
- Retail Locations