The Office of University Marketing and Communications oversees the following internal email newsletters:
- Weekly Update for Faculty and Staff
- Weekly Update for Students
- ETSU Events listing
Send announcements for all internal email newsletters to email@example.com
The Weekly Update is a collection of university announcements that arrives in email inboxes Monday mornings. Separate versions of the Weekly Update are created for Faculty and Staff and another for students.
- Announcements for the Weekly Update email must be received by Fridays at noon to be included the following Monday.
- Submissions should include an actual written announcement. Attachments and fliers will not be accepted.
- Announcements should be brief and may link to additional information.
- Please note in email submission if announcement is intended for faculty/staff, students or both.
- Announcements pertaining to most university events, such as concerts, plays, lectures, and various student activities will be held for the ETSU Events listing on Thursdays (see below). Workshops/seminars and other events that are faculty/staff-specific will usually be published in the Weekly Update and not in the Events listing.
ETSU Events listing
The ETSU Events listing arrives in email inboxes Friday mornings and contains brief descriptions of university events happening the next 7-10 days (depending on volume of submissions). Each event description links to the complete submission in the ETSU Calendar.
- Brief event descriptions should be submitted by Wednesdays at noon for consideration for inclusion in the events listing email on Fridays.
- Event description submissions must also include a link to the event listing on the
ETSU calendar - https://go.activecalendar.com/etsu/directory
- To learn how to submit events to the ETSU calendar, visit https://www.etsu.edu/umc/webtech/calendar.php
- Please ensure the event is entered into the correct corresponding category.
*ALL events entered in a category automatically appear in the master calendar*