The official to whom each governance organization reports should submit a request for nominations early in the Spring Semester to the appropriate recommending body.
Committee chairs are responsible for reporting vacancies in membership to the UC Sub-council for Governance so nominations can be appropriately petitioned.
The standard procedures for nominations are the following:
The UC Sub-council for the Governance will follow the timeline below
- By 2nd Monday in March
- review upcoming term expirations
- Update committee opportunity website with info needs/requirements of committee membership
- 3rd/4th Mondays in March
- Notice in Monday message with info on committees and link to committee service opportunities webpage
- 1st Monday in April
- deadline for submission of nominations/self-nominations via email to committee chairs
- By end of April
- committees/chairs review or select representatives from names submitted
- Chairs submit names of new/returning representatives to UC Sub-council
- By May 15
- UC Sub-council updates website
- By end of May
- Sub-council sends out notice to members of their appointment
- August 1st
- UC Sub-council prepares certificates or notice of service to send to committee members whose terms expired (even if they were selected to serve on the committee for another term).
Vacancies During Term (out of cycle)
- Committee chair send notice to UC Sub-council
- Notice is posted in the next available Monday message with any requirements of service, the deadline for nominations, and the committee chair's email
- The Sub-council will send the committee chair a deadline for selection of the new member and reporting back to the committee
- Sub-council will update the committee website with new member information
NOTE: Individuals selected for a vacancy during a term will serve the remainder of the term (not a new full term).
To report vacancies, please fill out this form.