Office 365 User Resources
- Get Started Using Microsoft Office 365 (Video)
- Outlook 2013 Quick Start Guide
- Get started with Office Online in Office 365
- End user training resources for Office 2013 and Office 365
- Microsoft Office 2013 Support
- Seamlessly work online and offline
Mobile Device Configuration
Setting up Email on Mobile Devices
- Active Sync requires a password and device locking (see more information in the section below)
Active Sync: The current ETSU Device Security Policy states that: Any portable device that connects to the ETSU email server must respect the current Active Sync Policy. This software policy requires specific security be present and active on the portable device before communication with the server is allowed. The purpose of the current Active Sync policy is to protect access to potentially confidential and sensitive email information on the devices used to access ETSU email. These are:
- Password with complexity
The device must have a password placed on it that is of sufficient complexity to protect data resident on the device.
- Idle device locking
After a certain period of inactivity, the device will lock and not display data. The user will be required to enter their device password before it can be used.
- Remote erasure
If a device is lost or stolen, the user will have the ability to erase all data on the portable device remotely. This can be done by logging into the Office 365 Web Access. ITS will also be able to assist users with this if they are unable to successfully execute the remote erasure.
Please Note: ETSU's Device Security Policy mandates the "Set up Exchange-based Email Account" (ActiveSync) configuration option at the links below on faculty/staff devices. Students are encouraged to adopt the ActiveSync configuration on their mobile devices as well.
- Android Resources
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- Windows Mobile 6.5
- Windows Phone
- Windows RT Tablet
- Outlook Web App for Office 365 - Phone and Tablet Set Up