- Provost's Academy
- Academic Council
- 1911 Society
- Academic Programs & Services
- Administrative & Academic Support
- Academic & Faculty Resources
- Distinguished Faculty Awards
- Faculty Convocation
- Contact Us
Provost’s Academy • Inaugural Year •2021
The purpose of the Provost’s Academy is to provide leadership experiences and opportunities to ETSU faculty interested in learning more about the services and responsibilities of The Office of the Provost. Academy members will work toward completion of a project identified as a critical need in the Provost’s Office. Academy members will also receive individual leadership coaching and professional development opportunities necessary to successfully complete the identified project and to build upon the existing strengths of Academy members.
- Provost’s Academy membership constitutes a 1-year commitment.
- During the calendar year, Academy Members will devote 60% of their workload to the Provost’s Office.
- The Provost’s Office will provide necessary tools, professional development, and leadership experiences necessary to accomplish the goals of the identified project.
- Academy members will be active members of the Provost’s leadership team.
- The Provost’s Office will provide replacement costs to the Academy Member’s department to support the instructional needs of the academic unit.
- A summer stipend or replacement for instructional costs will be negotiated with the candidate and his/her department upon appointment to the academy.
- Applicants to the Provost’s Academy should be full-time faculty with at least two years of service to ETSU at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a written letter of support from the department chair.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in university leadership and service.
Selection of Candidates:
- Applicants will be evaluated by members of the Provost’s Office staff.
- Finalists for the Academy must participate in an interview with the Provost and members of his/her team.
- Final selection of candidates will be made by the Provost.
Two faculty will be selected to be inaugural academy members whose terms will begin in January 2021. The project areas for calendar year 2021 will be:
- Implementation of the recommendations of the Community Engagement Task Force,
- Summer and Winter Term Enhancement Strategies.
All Application Materials should be submitted electronically by November 13, 2020. Required application materials include:
- A short essay describing your interest in the Provost’s Academy and your interest and/or experience in working with community engagement and/or Summer/Winter Term Enhancement (500 words or less);
- A short essay describing your leadership strengths and the qualities of leadership you would like to improve as part of the Academy (500 words or less);
- A letter of support from your department chair accompanied by a signature from the college dean indicating approval [file upload];
- A truncated CV (no more than 5 pages) [file upload].
|November 13, 2020||Academy Applications Due|
|December 1, 2020||Finalists Selected for Interview|
|December 15, 2020||Academy Members Notified|
|January 2, 2021||Academy members begin work in the Office of the Provost|