If you are using any Chapter of the GI Bill ®, then you are entitled to up to $100/month in tutoring reimbursement (with a maximum annual cap of $1,000/year). You can retain a tutor by:
a) Asking the professor for a previous student who took the same course and aced it
b) Asking the graduate assistant to tutor you or also recommend a student
c) Picking a really smart classmate to help you out
Tutoring rates are typically $10-11/hour.
Conduct the tutoring and pay the tutor in advance (keep in mind the monthly limit), and at the end of the term you can pull down a 1990t (see attachment), fill it out completely with all required signatures (Chapter 33s, pay attention that you also require the professor’s signature), and then mail it to the servicing center in St. Louis. You will see the reimbursement paid to the same account you receive your stipend.
Don’t delay in getting a tutor…start it the first week of class!
- Q: I either used up all my previous benefit, or have never been entitled to GI Bill benefits. What does ETSU offer to Military Affiliated Students?Answer
- Second question of FAQAnswer
- Third question of FAQAnswer
ETSU offers the following to all Military Affiliated Students:
- Access to the Military Affiliated Student Resource Center (the “MARC”)
- Priority Registration (if you just started at ETSU, this will be in subsequent terms IF you respond to our office email by the suspense)
- Americana cord upon graduation to wear with your regalia
- Tuition & Fee Deferment