skip to main content columnskip to left navigation

Office of Veterans Affairs

East Tennessee State University

Get Started


Get Started:

  1.  Apply to ETSU

  2. Request and submit all official transcripts, including military transcripts 

  3. Apply for VA Benefits  and receive Certificate of Eligibility in the mail

  4. Bring DD-214, Certificate of Eligibility and other documents to Orientation or schedule an appointment with our office

Discover your GI Bill Eligibility:

Click below to review information on each Chapter. Use the GI Comparison Tool to get an idea for what your funding may look like! Or, go directly to the VA's website for more info. 

Chapter 30:  Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty

Chapter 31:  Vocational Rehabilitation Program

Chapter 33:  Post 9/11 GI Bill

Chapter 35:  Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)

Chapter 1606:  Montgomery GI Bill


Gain College Credit for Military Training:

Be sure to request your military transcripts and transcripts from civilian education before enrolling at ETSU. You may receive classroom credit for military training. Click below for resources for requesting your transcript: 

  • A JST, or Joint Service Transcript, is available for Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy Active Duty, Reservists and Veterans.

  • An Air Force transcript from the Community College of the Air Force is available for all other eligible personnel.

Request transcripts to be sent to: 

East Tennessee State University 
Office of Undergraduate Admissions 
Box 70731 
Johnson City, TN 37614-1707

Veterans Lounge Access:

Our Veterans Lounge is accessible to current student veterans and dependents. Fill out the Veterans Access Form and return to Burgin-Dossett Hall 101-A for entrance to the Vet's Lounge. We'll give you more access information from there. 

The Veterans Lounge, located on the third floor of Yoakley Hall, features: 

  • Flat Screen TV 
  • Free Printing 
  • Computer Use and Laptop Check-out 
  • Keurig Coffee Machine 
  • Comfortable Couches 


icon for left menu icon for right menu