- Apply to ETSU.
- Request and submit all official transcripts, including military transcripts.
- Apply for VA Benefits and receive Certificate of Eligibility in the mail.
- Bring DD-214 (Certificate of Discharge)* and Certificate of Eligibility to Orientation or schedule an appointment with our office.
*Military family members will need a copy of the servicemember's DD-214.
GI Bill® Resources:
Requesting Military Transcripts:
Request ALL transcripts (military and other) to be sent to ETSU.
- Request your JST or Joint Service Transcript, here.
- Request your Air Force transcript from the Community College of the Air Force.
Request transcripts to be sent to:
East Tennessee State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Johnson City, TN 37614-1707
Contact Trevor Harvey, Military Credentials Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Veterans Lounge Access:
Our Veterans Lounge is accessible to current student veterans and military family members. You do not need to use GI Bill® benefits at ETSU to access the Lounge! Please contact the Veterans Affairs Staff for more information or visit Burgin-Dossett Hall, Room 101-A.
The Veterans Lounge, located on the third floor of Yoakley Hall, features:
- FREE Printing
- Flat Screen TV
- Computer Use and Laptop Check-out
- Free Coffee and Snacks