- Apply to ETSU.
- Request and submit all official transcripts, including military transcripts.
- Apply for VA Benefits and receive Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail.
- Bring DD-214 (Certificate of Discharge)* and Certificate of Eligibility to Orientation
or schedule an appointment with our office.
- Complete a Bio Sheet.
*Military family members will need a copy of the servicemember's DD-214 or military ID if active duty.
GI Bill® Resources:
Requesting Military Transcripts:
Request ALL transcripts (military and other) to be sent to ETSU.
- Request your JST or Joint Service Transcript, here.
- Request your Air Force transcript from the Community College of the Air Force.
Request transcripts to be sent to:
East Tennessee State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Johnson City, TN 37614-1707
Contact Trevor Harvey, Military Credentials Coordinator, at email@example.com with questions.
Military Student Resource Center (MARC):
The MARC (formerly the Veterans Lounge) is accessible to current student veterans and military family members. You do not need to use GI Bill® benefits at ETSU for access. Please contact the Veterans Affairs staff for more information or visit an office location.
Resources you can find at the MARC:
- FREE Printing and computer lab
- Special events for student veterans and family members only
- Study room and access to tutors
- FREE coffee and snacks
- Flat screen TV and cable
- Veterans Affairs staff members
- Space for studying and socializing