Chemistry has been an integral part of ETSU since 1918.
The Department offers Bachelor of Science degrees accredited by the American Chemical
Society and a Master of Science degree.
Chemistry seminars are via Zoom Fridays from 2:45 - 4:00 p.m. Students are also invited to join the seminar in Room 364 Brown Hall to view the seminar and ask questions. Seminars are presented during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Archived seminars can be viewed via Panopto.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to join the seminar mailing list!
- August 22nd, First day of Classes
- September 2nd, Annual Safety Class
- September 5th, Labor Day (University closed)
- September 9th First Seminar of the Fall Semester
- October 10-11th Fall Break (Students only)
- November 11th, Veterans Day (University closed)
- Nov 23-25th, Thanksgiving Holiday (Univ closed)
- December 2nd, LAST day of CLASSES
- Dec 3-8th Final Exams
- Dec 10th Commencement - Congratulations Graduates!
- Click Submit Event to submit a Chemistry related event or announcement.
Visit Career Services for help with:
- finding a job or internship
- building your resume
- editing your cover letter
- and a whole lot more!
Permit Request Form
Students who need a permit can now submit a Permit Request Form online. Please consult with your advisor prior to submitting the form.
Travel Request Form
Now that travel restrictions have been lifted, and in-person conferences are returning, the Department can once again entertain requests for travel by faculty and students. Please submit request for consideration:
The Department of Chemistry has a Facebook page!
For more information and real-time updates on what's happening in the Department, click the image to go to our Facebook page, and don't forget to "like" us!