Whether you are a current student or an alumnus, the College of Business and Technology Career Services is dedicated to helping you succeed and meet your career goals. We are committed to helping you achieve these goals by:
- Educating students about the job search process and the necessary skills for success.
- Teaching students strategies for conducting an effective job search--from building and writing a strong, effective resume to preparing for an interview.
- Partnering with private and public sector employers on behalf of our students to further their careers;
- Creating opportunities for students to experience the world of work through internships, co-ops, and job shadowing experiences.
- Fostering in students a commitment to service as part of their professional selves.
- Empowering students to understand career choices and to manage their professional lives.
The College of Business and Technology provides a Career Services Office specifically for business and technology majors. Career coaching, resources, and networking opportunities are available, so students can graduate career-ready for a competitive marketplace.
As you explore career options in preparation for an internship or post-graduate employment, utilize all of the resources available to you to help launch a successful career. We provide career assistance through services such as:
- Assistance with Resumes, Cover Letters, and Interviews
- Internship / Co-op Programs
- Job Search Strategies
- LinkedIn Training
- Career Coaching
- Employer Engagement Events such as CBAT @ Work, networking socials, CBAT Career Fair
- Class Talks with National and Global Employers
- Handshake - An online career planning tool that provides information on jobs, internships, recruitment events, and resources throughout the career planning process.
New Appointment Scheduling Information for 2022-2023
CBAT Undergraduate Students: Schedule on EAB Navigate (same platform you use with your advisor)
CBAT Graduate Students: Schedule on Handshake
- HANDSHAKE Instructions: Click link and log in with ETSU email address and password. Click on "Career Center." Click on "Appointments." Click on "Schedule Student Appointment." Continue, always scrolling down until you see "CBAT" options so you can meet with me and select your appointment topic.
Each year, with the help and utilization of resources provided by the College of Business and Technology Career Services, students earn internship opportunities where they grow their skill-set and gain real-world experience. By completing internships in their desired career path, students gain key knowledge and are better prepared to secure employment post-graduation. Below are some of our internship placements:
Construction Engineering Technology
Electric Power Board of Chattanooga
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Benjamin Gregg Management — Logistics Supply Chain
Management — Logistics Supply Chain
Management — Logistics Supply Chain
DHL Supply Chain
“This internship was such an impactful experience for me. Besides learning how to network, I found out that one of the best goals to have is to always want to learn more. This was such an insightful time because not only was I able to essentially interview the company they were also able to interview myself. Throughout the internship I made sure to ask as many questions as I could, thus helping me grow personally and professionally. This internship led me to know that I would like to pursue a career in the logistics and supply chain field.”
Carlee Eads ’22 Logistics and Supply Chain MGMT with a minor in Marketing.
DHL Supply Chain Operations Intern, Clorox Account- East Point GA.