Quillen Chair of Excellence in Education
Lectures and Seminars:
Clemmer College Special Research Feature!
IRB Office Hours
Warf-Pickel Room 310A
3:00 - 4:00 PM
On the following days:
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Or by appointment if needed:
RSVP to Linda Zerby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About The Quillen Chair
The James H. Quillen Chair of Excellence in Education honors former First District Congressman James H. Quillen's strong commitment to educational improvement in the region.
The Quillen Chair is focused on:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) with embedded literacy; related to teaching
- Mindfulness in Schools and Brain-based Learning: its relationship to student learning
- Assists Clemmer College as a principal provider of education and related service professionals in East Tennessee
- Research-based best practices: innovative practice and problem-solving
The chairholder actively participates in:
- the life of the campus by teaching one or two classes per semester
- engaging in a progressive program of scholarship (particularly scholarship directed at the unique needs of our region)
- faculty mentoring
- grant-seeking activities.