Quillen Chair of Excellence in Education
Lectures and Seminars:
Feeling stressed? Relax and learn some new skills while you:
De-Stress for Academic Success
Sherrod Library Room 309
April 23, Tuesday 12:00-1:00 PM
This free series is open to everyone and is sponsored by Sherrod Library, The Counseling Center, and Clemmer College.
Mindful Movement Practices: How to Cultivate Body Awareness
Learn to tune into your body through movement meditation to reduce stress and anxiety
About The Quillen Chair
The James H. Quillen Chair of Excellence in Education honors former First District Congressman James H. Quillen's strong commitment to educational improvement in the region.
The chair was established specifically to address issues:
- related to teaching
- its relationship to learning
- innovative practice and problem-solving
The holder of the chair is responsible for assisting Clemmer College in building on its reputation as the principal provider of education and related service professionals in East Tennessee.
The chairholder actively participates in:
- the life of the campus by teaching one or two classes per semester
- engaging in a progressive program of scholarship (particularly scholarship directed at the unique needs of our region)
- faculty mentoring
- grant-seeking activities.