Each applicant to the graduate program in early childhood education must complete the following:
- Complete all the requirements for admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Present a minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average or complete a probationary period in which the student achieves a grade point average of 3.0 and no grade lower than a B in the first 9 credits of graduate credit.
- Be reviewed by the Early Childhood Admission committee. Those who do not have an undergraduate degree in early childhood education or a related field of study may be required to take selected undergraduate courses that will strengthen the applicant’s background in early childhood education.
- Write a Personal Statement/Essay - click here for guidelines on what to include in your personal statement
- Graduate students seeking PreK-3 licensure must be admitted to the Teacher Education program. They must file a Declaration of Intent with the college’s Office of Student Services and complete all other requirements for admission to teacher education including submission of a criminal background check.