The Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Science includes general education and radiologic science courses. After being accepted in to the program, students complete didactic and clinical education courses over a period of five semesters.
Associated Orthopaedics of Kingsport, Kingsport, TN
- Ballad Health
- Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol, TN
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City, TN
- Greeneville Community Hospital East, Greeneville, TN
- Hawkins County Memorial Hospital, Rogersville, TN
- Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport, TN
- Indian Path Medical Center, Kingsport, TN
- Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City, TN
- State of Franklin Healthcare Associates Imaging Center, Johnson City, TN
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital, Elizabethton, TN
- Unicoi County Memorial Hospital, Erwin, TN
- James H. Quillen VA Medical Center, Mountain Home, TN
- LeConte Medical Center, Sevierville, TN*
Elective Rotations are available at:
- East Tennessee Children's Hospital, Knoxville, TN
- Johnson City Community Health Center, Johnson City, TN
Students assigned to a clinical site in the Tri-Cities area are assigned to a home clinical site during Clinical Education I, II, and the first 10 weeks of Clinical Education III. Students rotate to an away clinical site for the last 3 weeks of that semester and remain there through Clinical Education IV. They rotate back to their home clinical site during Clinical Education V.
*Students assigned to LeConte Medical Center do not rotate to another clinical site during the program.
The clinical schedule is provided to students and clinical instructors at the beginning of each semester. The schedule follows a Monday through Sunday format with dates specified on the clinical schedule. Schedules may not be altered without approval of the clinical coordinator.
Students complete 16 hours per week of clinical on Tuesdays and Thursdays during Clinical I (fall semester) and Clinical II (spring semester). Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) except 2 weeks of after hours, 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Students complete 40 hours per week of clincal during Clinical III (summer semester). Hours are 7:30 to 4:00 pm except 2 weeks of after hours, 1:00 – 9:30 pm and 1 weekend rotation. Students complete 24 hours per week of clinical on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during Clinical IV (fall semester) and Clinical V (spring semester). Hours are 7:30 to 4:00 pm except 2 weeks of after hours, 1:00 – 9:30 pm and 1 weekend rotation. Hours for the weekend rotation varies among clinical sites (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.).
- Clinical III weekend rotation schedule:
The student will complete 3 days of clinical during the Monday – Friday prior to the scheduled weekend along with Saturday and Sunday within the specific Monday – Sunday time frame. Days off must be used in the Monday – Friday prior to the weekend. Days cannot be used at any other time. Days off must be approved by the clinical instructor.
- Clinical IV and V weekend rotation (Monday/Saturday/Sunday - M/S/S)
The student will complete 3 total days on clinical on Monday, Saturday, and Sunday of the specified timeframe. The student will not attend clinical on Wednesday or Friday.
Students must begin clinicals at their scheduled time. Do not plan to eat a meal at the beginning of a shift. Meals and breaks are included in the scheduled clinical education hours. Students are not allowed to leave the clinical education center during meal/break times unless approved by the CI. Students can take either a 30-minute lunch and 15 minute break or a 45 minute lunch.