The mission of the Department of Rehabilitative Sciences is to develop practitioner-scholars who enhance the quality of life for others and communities through interprofessional education, service, and scholarship in the fields of habilitative and rehabilitative sciences.
Preparing students to fulfill their academic and professional goals through a transformative educational journey.
Quality Collaboration Service Diversity Honesty Respect & Humility
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/etsurehabsciences
The Department of Rehabilitative Sciences is a fast growing, multidisciplinary department with over 30 tenured, tenure-track, clinical, and adjunct faculty and support staff offering a doctor of physical therapy, doctor of occupational therapy, undergraduate and graduate programs in nutrition and dietetics, a graduate certificate in sport nutrition, and a bachelor's degree in rehabilitative health sciences. The department is also developing a master of science in orthotics and prosthetics and pending necessary approvals and accreditation requirements.
The department is housed within the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences, which is one of five colleges that comprise East Tennessee State University’s Academic Health Sciences Center, and is one of less than 100 such facilities in the country. The AHSC offers a robust combination of health sciences programs and patient-care facilities that operate outside of silos to provide a truly interprofessional experience.
Our faculty possess significant clinical and academic experience from a variety of disciplines with backgrounds and expertise in audiology, exercise and movement science, healthcare administration, nutrition and dietetics, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. You will have a diversity of opportunities to study and train alongside our faculty with unique opportunities including clinical experiences, interprofessional education, and research.
The Department of Rehabilitative Sciences is involved in a variety of unique and collaborative initiatives, such as:
- Interprofessional education and training for faculty and students with all five health-related colleges at ETSU
- Interdisciplinary Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Clinic
- Interdisciplinary Concussion Assessment Clinic
- Research in our Human Nutrition and Dietetics Research Laboratory at ETSU's Valleybrook Campus
- Physical therapy clinical services embeddd in ETSU Health
- Physical therapy residency and fellowship programs
To learn more about the exciting initiatives across ETSU Health, read the 2020 Annual Report.
- B.S., Rehabilitative Health Sciences
- B.S., Nutrition and Dietetics
- Minor, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition
- Dietetic Internship
- Graduate Certificate in Sport Nutrition
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
Master of Science in Orthotics and Prosthetics (under development)
Click here to learn more about the completion of facilities for our new OTD program and developing MSOP program.
To learn more about our programs and to find program contact information, please use the drop-down menu for 'Academic Programs' on the left-hand menu of this page! We look forward to hearing from you.
MIchelle Lee, PhD
Chairperson & Professor