This map is not all inclusive. Rather it encourages one to be familiar with specific locations and location types where employees may not carry a handgun, such as:
- Stadiums, gymnasiums, or auditoriums where school sponsored events are in progress.
(Examples include baseball, football, softball, soccer, and tennis facilities, Brooks
Gymnasium, the Basler Center for Physical Activity, the Mini Dome, and the Culp Center
and Brown Hall Auditoriums.)
- In meetings regarding student or employee disciplinary matters.
- In meetings regarding tenure issues.
- A hospital, a student health or counseling center, or an office where medical or mental
health services are the primary services provided. (Such as The Counseling Center
in the Culp Center, Behavioral Health and Wellness Clinic in Lucille Clement Hall,
the Community Counseling Clinic in Warf-Pickel Hall, Student/University Health Services
in Nicks Hall, and the Audiology and Dental Hygiene Clinics in Lamb Hall)
- Any location where a provision of state or federal law, except the posting provisions of TCA 39-17-1309, prohibits the carrying of a handgun on that property. (Examples include Little Bucs in Warf-Pickel Hall, the Child Study Center, University School/Alexander Hall, and all ETSU facilities on the Mountain Home Veterans Affairs Campus).