Submissions for the 2023 Fellowships are due March 10.
The Summer Research Fellowships are designed to support an immersive scholarly activity/original research experience during the summer for undergraduate students working with a faculty mentor. The fellowship is intended to create an opportunity for significant progress on a scholarly activity.
The fellowship provides funding for a scholarship up to $3,000 that can be used to cover summer tuition, plus up to an additional $500 to be used for purchases that support the scholarly activity.
Recipients must enroll in at least 1 credit hour in a summer term. The scholarship will then be disbursed to the student via Financial Aid.
Eligibility and limitations:
- All ETSU students (not just Honors students) are eligible.
- A student may be awarded only one Summer Research Fellowship during their time at ETSU
- Only one award proposal per faculty mentor should be submitted per funding cycle
- Priority will be given to students who have not previously received an URCA award and who do not have existing financial support for research/scholarly activity
- Priority will be given to rising seniors
- Link to online submission form will be opened February 18.
- Proposals are due March 10, 2023.
- Awards will be announced around April 7.
- Funds should be spent by May 15, projects completed by August 15, and final reports submitted September 3.
Awardees are expected to submit a summary report of their project. For a brief guide describing the content and submission of your report, visit the page on Reports.