ETSU Boland Undergraduate
Next Symposium: Friday, March 29, 2019, Millennium Center
Abstract Submission Deadline: 5pm, March 5, 2019, online form (below)
Oral Presentation Workshop: 4-5p, March 18, 2019, Yoakley Hall 109
- The 2018 Symposium program.
INFORMATION FOR THE 2019 MEETING:
The ETSU Honors College, in conjunction with the ETSU Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, is pleased to announce a special event reserved especially for undergraduate students conducting research.
Dedicated to the memory of former faculty member Dr. Jay Boland, the ETSU Undergraduate Student Research Symposium showcases and celebrates scholarly achievement by ETSU undergraduate students.
- The Symposium includes oral presentations in various discipline-themed sessions.
- Performance artists (music; reading; theater) are particularly encouraged to participate.
- Visual artists may display their work in the Millennium Centre lobby.
- ETSU Undergraduate students are encouraged to participate in the Symposium by presenting their research for work-in-progress projects or completed projects.
- By participating in this event, students will be able to exchange ideas with peers and gather valuable feedback.
Register to give an oral presentation for the Boland Undergraduate Research Symposium using the form below.
SENIOR HONORS THESIS:
If you plan to fulfill your presentation requirement for your Senior Honors Thesis
in the Boland Symposium, you must indicate that option in your submission. Be aware
that your Thesis Supervisor and (some of) your Thesis Readers will be required to
attend your presentation. CONSULT WITH YOUR RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FIRST.
DURATION OF TALKS:
- Regular talks are 10 minutes, with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
- Thesis talks are 20 minutes, with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
REGISTER FOR SYMPOSIUM:
- There is no cost for students to participate in the Research Symposium.
- To register, complete the Submission Form by following the link below.