The Career Skills Training for Excellence Program (CSTEP)
- The Career Skills Training for Excellence Program (CSTEP) uses a public-access keyboarding
instructional program. It is very effective and you will see rapid improvement in
your ability to type. You are able to work at your own pace, progressing successfully
as you work through each level.
- All skill levels are encouraged to participate in refresher courses or classes presenting
new topics including:
- "Writing for the Office"
- "Effective e-Mail"
- "Proofreading for the Workplace"
- basic math
- Tutoring for GED preparation, English as a Second Language or U.S. Citizenship is available.
- "Walk-in" assistance is provided for employees seeking guidance in filling out forms
and applications, using e-Mail, accessing pay stubs or Goldlink services.
- In order to attend a CSTEP class, employees may receive work release of one hour per day (up to a maximum of three hours per week) with the approval of supervisors