ETSU Human Resources
Welcome. East Tennessee State University believes that our employees are our greatest asset. Our mission is to enable the employment, development, and retention of a quality work force that educates and supports our students. Explore our website to discover how Human Resources guides and supports employees by advocating for a healthy work/life balance and providing excellent benefits. Find out how you can contribute to our community by searching our career portal. Discover opportunities to advance your career through training and development. We are here to serve the entire ETSU community.
Employee Spotlights are featured in the Office of Administration's monthly newsletter
- Inside Look. Here you can find previous 'Spotlights' as well as a new site titled Accolades, which highlights ETSU Faculty & Staff achievements and honors.
HR News and Announcements
Temporary Telecommuting Arrangement for Non-Faculty Employees
This emergency policy delegates authority for approving/denying requests for temporary telecommuting to the vice president or dean. Please read the policy and review the Frequently Asked Questions page before submitting a request form. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to your HR Business Partner.
Town Hall Informational Sessions
Temporary Hires and Contract Renewals
We are happy to announce that Human Resources will start accepting New Temporary Hires and Contract Renewals/Rehires for Fiscal Year 2021/2022 through eJobs and eContracts soon.
- RENEWALS/REHIRES may be processed through the eContracts system starting June 1, 2021.
- NEW temporary hires with a July 1, 2021 or later start date, will be processed through eJobs starting June 1, 2021.
- All requests for renewals/rehires and new temporary hires must utilize the newly assigned Temporary Position Numbers found on the HR Public SharePoint page.
- If the start date for the contract (new hire or renewal) is prior to July 1, 2021, please continue to process the hire through dynamic forms.
- Training opportunities will be announced soon. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your HR Business Partner, email us at email@example.com call the Human Resources office anytime Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.