East Tennessee State University is dedicated to offering competitive salaries to both faculty and staff as well as opportunities for growth and advancement. Guidelines for faculty appointment and promotion are outlined in the Faculty Handbook. Administrative and support staff salaries fall under the ETSU Compensation Plan and the Salary Schedules.
You can review these compensation guides in the links below. But the value of employment at ETSU goes far beyond salary. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 16 paid holidays (approved annually), health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. The Compensation Calculator provides prospective employees with an illustrated breakdown of total compensation of salary plus benefits.
- Current Salary Schedules for Clerical/Administrative Staff
- Compensation Calculator
- ETSU Employee Compensation Summary
- Employee Benefits
- ETSU Compensation Plan for Clerical/Administrative Positions
- ETSU Salary Report as of 8/18/2022
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Promotions Salary Increases
- Equity Pay Plan
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Guide and Tools
Position classification is the responsibility of Human Resources who maintains non-faculty position descriptions. For information regarding changes to a position title, pay level or description, visit the Position Classification webpage.