- Help Desk
- Service Catalog
- Mission and Goals
- Office of the CIO
- ITS Units
- Information Technology Council
- Organization Chart
- Policies & Standards
- Contact Us
Instructor Access to Course Sites
an Information Technology Services Policy
Information Technology Services is frequently asked to manually add non-authorized users to Desire2Learn course sites. This policy provides guidelines to determine when it is appropriate to manually add a user without authorization of instructor of record.
Instructors are automatically added to Desire2Learn (D2L) course sites when entered as the instructor of record in GoldLink / Banner. Information Technology Services (ITS) will only make manual changes to D2L enrollment if there is a problem with the automatic process or in the event of an emergency. Please review the following policy approved by the ETSU Deans Council on October 2, 2008 for greater detail.
- Access to course sites is granted by course Instructor of Record.
- Instructor of Record is extracted from Banner and inserted into the learning management system. This allows academic departments to control the Instructor of Record for each course.
- Learning management system support staff members adhere to the following policy:
- Only the Instructor of Record for the course has the authority to allow access to their course management system site.
- Adherence to this policy works well except in emergency situations. Specifically when the Instructor of Record is unavailable.
Resolution: The policy stands as approved by Dean's Council. In the event of an emergency, the Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice Provost for Information Technology Services will consult with the appropriate Dean.
Approved: Deans Council
Reviewed: March 2017
Active since: October 2008