How to Order an Journal Article or Book:
This service allows you to order an article or book not held in the ETSU libraries, or to pay the library to scan copies of print articles held in the Medical Library. There are three common ways to order – it is up to you which you prefer to use.
- Sending a direct email request to the interlibrary loan department via Quillenill@etsu.edu – for journal articles, books, or other materials
- Using the online order form to submit a request – for journal articles, books, or other materials
- Order directly through PubMed – for journal articles only
More detailed instructions including screenshots are available here. If you have any questions after reviewing this document, please direct them to Kelly Loyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423)439-7032.
Cost of Journal Articles for ETSU
- Medical, pharmacy, and physical therapy students may receive up to five ordered articles each year free of charge.
- The Medical Library participates in the Consortium of Southern Biomedical Libraries (CONBLS), which allows us to provide some articles at a reduced cost.
- Individuals who are not affiliated with the colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, or Physical
Therapy program should request articles and books from the Sherrod Library.
Articles from our collection or from CONBLS libraries
- Medical, Pharmacy, and Physical Therapy Students – $1 per article after five complementary articles have been received
- Faculty, Physicians, Residents, Staff - $2.00
Articles obtained from outside CONBLS - $12.00-$13.00
Average turn-around time 1-2 days
Cost of ILL Books for ETSU - $13.00
Average turn-around time 1-2 weeks
Cost of ILL Journal Articles/Books for Non-Affiliated Individual Clients
$15.00 (plus lending library cost if applicable)
Medical Library (ML) Document Delivery
Journal articles for all patrons, ETSU students/staff and non-affiliated, are delivered in PDF format via patron's email address.Books are delivered via university or postal service mail or upon pickup in the Medical Library.
ETSU Students ILL/ML document delivery costs are billed to the student's online library account. At the student's convenience, he/she may stop by the Circulation Desk in the Medical Library to pay the fee.
ETSU Faculty, Physicians, Residents, Staff - ILL/ML document delivery costs are billed to the patron's department.
Non-Affiliated Invoiced monthly.
Individuals who are not affiliated with the colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy or the Physical Therapy program will need to make interlibrary loan requests from the Sherrod Library. The Sherrod ILL link is here: https://libraries.etsu.edu/use/ill