100% Online Archival Studies Certificate Program
The East Tennessee State University Archival Studies Graduate Certificate is an eighteen (18) credit-hour program designed for working adults who need, or want archival training, but for whom the full degree program is not a necessity.
Students who have completed the Archival Studies Graduate Certificate may have up to 18 of the certificate credits applied toward the Master of Arts Liberal Studies, Archival Studies Concentration, as long as the courses fall within matriculation limits.
The Graduate Certificate in Archival Studies is an 18-credit hour program that can be completed entirely online or can be completed through a combination of on-campus and online courses.
Credits to complete this program: 18 credit hours
|TN Residents||eRate (Out of State, 100% online)||Out of State|
|$601 per credit hour||$751 per credit hour||$1442 per credit hour|
*Note, tuition discounts are available for border county students.
Read more about cost, paying for courses, scholarship options and financial aid.
These standards and materials are required of all applicants regardless of program. Individual program requirements are additional to the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Degrees from non-accredited institutions will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for domestic students, and a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for international students. (Some programs may require a higher GPA.)
- A completed graduate application form.
- A personal essay of 150-300 words, detailing your interests in a graduate program at ETSU.
- A non-refundable application fee.
- One official transcript from every college or university where the applicant has taken courses.
Important information about program costs, education debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended Archival Studies at East Tennessee State University is available here.
Steps to Apply
Step 1 Create your ETSU Application Account by choosing the "Sign Up" option
Step 2 Sign into the ETSU Application Portal and select "Start a New Application"
Step 3 Choose "Graduate," select your student type (domestic or international), select "Certificate," term, then choose Archival Studies and complete the remainder of the form.