ETSU's free college classes are the right choice for you to...
- save money on college tuition
- shorten overall time to college graduation
- take college classes online to 'test drive' college course work before you invest tuition dollars -- there's no risk to you!
- learn more about subjects that interest you for free
How do ETSU's free online courses work?
OpenBUCS courses are open to anyone, anywhere. There is no cost for the course work and no textbook to buy. To take an OpenBUCS course, you will need to:
- register for the course online using the links above
- complete the eight-week online course -- all material and assignments are provided through video lectures, discussion forums, quizzes and other activities
- pursue the optional path to college credit if you would like to earn transferable college credit that will count toward your degree. The total cost for obtaining credit is $300 plus the application fee (1/3 the cost of regular, in-state tuition!)
If you plan to transfer earned credits, please confirm transfer eligibility with your college or university. Please visit our FAQ for more information.