The Online Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene Degree Completion Program offered by East Tennessee State University is one of the first and most successful of its kind. ETSU’s Dental Hygiene completion degree is designed for working professionals who have earned an associates degree in Dental Hygiene and wish to advance their careers by earning an online, accredited Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene.
Students earning their Dental Hygiene Completion Degree at ETSU will gain expertise in the following areas:
- current approaches to supportive periodontal therapy and soft tissue management.
- meeting the needs of geriatrics and other underserved populations.
- community and rural health program design implementation and evaluation.
- pain management.
- teaching strategies for health professionals.
- skills needed to responsibly build an evidence-based practice.
Additionally, ETSU Online Dental Hygiene students become part of a community of lifelong learners enriching each other's learning experiences. This accredited degree completion program is research and writing based, giving students the opportunity to build oral and written communication skills as well as the technology skills that will benefit them as practitioners and/or help them in advancing or changing career paths.
Program information including curriculum and graduation requirements can be found in the B.S. Dental Hygiene entry of the ETSU Catalog.
Tennessee Dental Hygienists' Association Agreement
Members of the Tennessee Dental Hygienists' Association are eligible for in-state tuition status through an agreement between ETSU and TDHA. In order to take advantage of this agreed-upon rate, students must:
- Obtain a Tennessee license.
- Become a member of the American Dental Hygienists' Association and the Tennessee Dental Hygienists' Association.
- Contact the Tennessee Dental Hygienists' Association liaison, Rita Bills, at email@example.com.