100% Online Bachelor of Science Degree
The Online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Human Services from East Tennessee State University is a nationally ranked program providing a human and behavioral science background for students interested in counseling, case management, administration, or similar helping professions. Students in ETSU's Online Human Services bachelor's degree program learn the roles and functions of human services professionals, characteristics of human growth and development, aspects of human service agencies, theories and skills required of human services professionals to work with diverse clientele in a variety of settings, and the basic skills related to program evaluation, grant writing, and fundraising.
The Bachelor of Science in Human Services is an accredited, 100% online degree program offering a curriculum including the following core components:
- interpersonal skills
- social and cultural foundations
- introduction to human services
- counseling theory and practice
- developmental psychology
- research in learning and development
- administration of human services organizations
- child/adolescent/or adult psychology and development
Online B.S. in Human Services
View the course list and graduation requirements for ETSU's Bachelor of Science in Human Services degree in the ETSU Undergraduate Catalog.
General Degree Requirements
To earn a degree from ETSU, there are specific course requirements established by ETSU, by each college, and by each department. All students must meet the degree requirements at each of these levels outlined in the following list:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours is required.
- CSCI 1100 or the proficiency exam
- California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST) (Senior Exit Exam)
Credits to complete this program: 120 credit hours
|TN Residents||eRate (Out of State, 100% online)||Out of State|
|$422 per credit hour||$483 per credit hour||$1183 per credit hour|
|*Note, tuition discounts are available for border county students
*This amount may not include program-specific fees
Read more about cost, paying for courses, scholarship options and financial aid.
The process for enrolling in the online Human Services degree program involves:
1. Applying to ETSU
2. Applying to the Human Services program (which is a different process from applying to the university) after completing 30 credit hours of college course work. Note: If you have previous college credit, it may count toward the hours requirements. If you are interested in Human Services and do not yet have 30 hours of completed course work, you can still speak with an advisor by using the contact form beneath this information box.
For help with your application or questions concerning the admissions process, please contact the Office of Admissions directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 1-800-462-3878.
Steps to Apply
Step 1 Create your ETSU Application Account by choosing the "Sign Up" option
Step 2 Sign into the ETSU Application Portal and select "Start a New Application"
Step 3 Choose "Undergraduate," select your student type, select your start term, then choose Human Services and complete the remainder of the form.