The Online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Human Services is a nationally ranked program providing a human and behavioral science background for students interested in counseling, case management, administration, or similar helping professions.
Students in ETSU's Online Human Services bachelor's degree program learn the roles and functions of human services professionals, characteristics of human growth and development, aspects of human service agencies, theories and skills required of human services professionals to work with diverse clientele in a variety of settings, and the basic skills related to program evaluation, grant writing, and fundraising.
The online bachelor's degree in Human Services also includes ethical, legal, and multicultural issues as they relate to the responsibilities of the human services professional. Professional writing and oral skills are stressed in all coursework to ensure that students understand the importance of documentation and communication requirements in the human services field.
The Bachelor of Science in Human Services is an accredited, 100% online degree program offering a curriculum including the following core components:
- interpersonal skills
- social and cultural foundations
- introduction to human services
- counseling theory and practice
- developmental psychology
- research in learning and development
- administration of human services organizations
- child/adolescent/or adult psychology and development
An accelerated B.S. to Master of Science in Human Services is also available.
Online B.S. in Human Services Program of Study
Online B.S. in Human Services
View the course list and graduation requirements for ETSU's Bachelor of Science in Human Services degree in the ETSU Undergraduate Catalog.
General Degree Requirements
To earn a degree from ETSU, there are specific course requirements established by ETSU, by each college, and by each department. All students must meet the degree requirements at each of these levels outlined in the following list:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours is required.
- CSCI 1100 or the proficiency exam
- California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST) (Senior Exit Exam)
Total Credit Hours for Degree: 120
How to Apply to the Human Services Online Degree Program
The Application Process:
The process for enrolling in the online Human Services degree program involves:
2. apply to the Human Services program (which is a different process from applying to the university) after completing 30 credit hours of college course work. Note: If you have previous college credit, it may count toward the hours requirements. If you are interested in Human Services and do not yet have 30 hours of completed course work, you can still speak with an advisor by using the contact form beneath this information box.
For help with your application or questions concerning the admissions process, you can contact the Office of Admissions directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 1-800-462-3878.
Tuition and Aid for the Bachelor's of Human Services Program
Tuition, Fee, and Financial Assistance
ETSU eRate (for out-of-state students taking ALL course work online in any semester)
Border County Information: Students in North Carolina and Virginia living in counties bordering Tennessee may
receive in-state tuition. For more detailed tuition information based on your specific situation, please contact
the ETSU Office of Admissions.
Student accounts, payment calendars, and payment plan information
Let Us Introduce You to The Program Advisor!