The Online Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene Degree Completion Program offered by East Tennessee State University is one of the first and most successful of its kind.
ETSU's Dental Hygiene completion degree is designed for working professionals who have earned an associates degree in Dental Hygiene and wish to advance their careers by earning an online, accredited Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene.
Students earning their Dental Hygiene Completion Degree at ETSU will gain expertise in the following areas:
- current approaches to supportive periodontal therapy and soft tissue management
- meeting the needs of geriatrics and other underserved populations
- community and rural health program design implementation and evaluation
- pain management
- teaching strategies for health professionals
- skills needed to responsibly build an evidence-based practice.
Additionally, ETSU Online Dental Hygiene students become part of a community of lifelong learners enriching each other's learning experiences. This accredited degree completion program is research and writing based, giving students the opportunity to build oral and written communication skills as well the as technology skills that will benefit them as practitioners and/or help them in advancing or changing career paths.
The B.S. in Dental Hygiene is a Universities.com top-ranked program.
Online B.S. in Dental Hygiene
View the course list and graduation requirements for ETSU's Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene degree in the ETSU Undergraduate Catalog.
Program Admission Requirements
Eligible hygienists must have earned an Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene from an
accredited US or Canadian institution.
Interested dental hygienists should
2. Apply to the Online Dental Hygiene Completion Degree program. Application to the program includes completion of the online program application and
submitting a copy of your current license along with a statement or resume relevant
to your dental hygiene work experience.
Fall semester - August 1
Spring semester - December 1
Students who meet program admission criteria may begin the program in the fall or spring semesters.
Admission to the BSDH degree completion program requires the following information be submitted for consideration and selection:
- Evidence of admission to ETSU
- Transcripts that include proof of graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program
- A current US or Canadian dental hygiene license
- A brief resume outlining work history in dental hygiene
- Official college transcripts from all institutions attended. All official transcripts should be sent to the Office of Admissions, ETSU, P.O. Box 70731, Johnson City, TN 37614.>
PLEASE NOTE: ETSU requires a total of 50 hours semester credit be completed at a senior level (4 year) institution to earn a baccalaureate degree. Thirty-four of these hours are acquired through the BSDH online program leaving 16 to be taken, either as general education core requirements or as electives.
Tuition, Fee, and Financial Assistance
ETSU eRate (for out-of-state students taking ALL course work online in any semester)
Border County Information: Students residing in select bordering counties in North Carolina and Virginia may
attend ETSU at the in-state tuition rate. Please contact the Admissions Office at
email@example.com or 423-439-4213 with questions.
Student accounts, payment calendars, and payment plan information
Let Us Introduce You to The Program Advisor!