ETSU's CCNE-accredited online RN-BSN program is available full- or part-time and is designed to provide registered nurses holding an associate degree or hospital certificate opportunities for professional growth.
ETSU's online BSN degree completion program is the foundation for professional nursing practice, increased job security, and higher salaries. The professional nurse practices in collaboration with other health care providers and is responsible for assuming management and leadership positions in nursing practice and practicing comprehensive nursing care for individuals, families, groups, and communities.
Online Nursing, RN to BSN
The RN-BSN option is designed for students who are already registered nurses but who are seeking a bachelors degree.
Program information including curriculum and graduation requirements can be found in the Nursing BSN entry of the ETSU Catalog.
Admission into the ETSU RN to BSN program requires applying to the university as well as the program.
Two-Part Application Process
- Apply to the ETSU, click here.
- Please apply as a Transfer Student and select Pre-Nursing (Pre-BSN) for the major.
- Request ALL college and university transcripts, and high school transcript (if you graduated High School Fall 1989 or after) be sent to ETSU. It is the student’s responsibility to follow up with the Admissions Office regarding university acceptance (423-439-4213).
- If you have been accepted at ETSU previously, please complete the online re-admit
Form to the university and request all official updated transcripts be sent to ETSU.
No Re-Admission fee required.
- Complete the RN to BSN Pre-Assessment Application Form, scan it, and email it to Matt Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply to ETSU and complete the RN to BSN Pre-Assessment Application in the same time frame. The College of Nursing will accept RN to BSN applications for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters (refer to deadlines). Admitted students will be classified as Pre-BSN students until they are accepted into the program.
To receive full consideration, students must be fully admitted to East Tennessee State University by the nursing application deadline dates. Since admission to the university can take several weeks, students are encouraged to apply well in advance of the nursing deadlines. Consideration for the nursing major cannot be guaranteed if full admission to the university has not been obtained.
Tuition, Fee, and Financial Assistance
ETSU eRate (for out-of-state students taking ALL course work online in any semester)
Border County Information: Students residing in select bordering counties in North Carolina and Virginia may
attend ETSU at the in-state tuition rate. Please contact the Admissions Office at
email@example.com or 423-439-4213 with questions.
Student accounts, payment calendars, and payment plan information
Let Us Introduce You to The Program Advisor!