Student Emergency Fund
Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy Student Emergency Fund
Description and Guidelines
The Student Emergency Fund was created to provide financial assistance to currently enrolled Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy students who are experiencing an unexpected loss or hardship that affects the student’s ability to remain at Gatton. Such hardship could include, but is not limited to, a death in their immediate family, loss of residence, or serious illness of the student or family member.
Who is eligible to receive emergency assistance?
Students actively enrolled as a PharmD student in Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy are eligible for assistance through this fund.
What types of expenses are eligible?
- The fund is only allocated for sudden, urgent, or unforeseen occurrences that require
immediate attention and would impact the student's ability to stay enrolled as a pharmacy
student and progress in their studies.
- Examples could include: medical expense, rent or utility if inability to pay is result
of extenuating circumstances. Documentation of the expense/need must accompany the
- The fund is not intended to pay for routine expenses, nonessential utilities or educational expenses (e.g. - tuition, fees, books, computer)
- Examples could include: medical expense, rent or utility if inability to pay is result of extenuating circumstances. Documentation of the expense/need must accompany the application.
How to Apply?
- Complete the Student Emergency Assistance Application and submit to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Students who apply may be contacted by the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, as necessary to provide clarification (or documentation) of information provided in the application form.
- The amount of funds provided to a student will depend upon the need and availability of funds, but generally shall not exceed $1000.