Dual Degree Program: Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Become a leader in pharmacy
With the ETSU Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)-Master of Business Administration (MBA) dual degree program, gain a broader perspective on the business side of pharmacy across various health care settings. Degree offered through ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy and the College of Business and Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Gatton’s bachelor’s completion program is an option.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) may be required.
The preferred application deadline is March 1 of the first professional year; however, applications may be accepted after the deadline. Applicants should first inform Academic Affairs regarding their intent to apply; then, submit the following items to Student Affairs:
- A School of Graduate Studies application to the MBA program, available at the ETSU School of Graduate Studies
- Application fee will be paid to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Personal essay of 150-300 words detailing the applicant’s reasons for pursuing the articulated PharmD-MBA program
- 3 courses (9 credit hours), B or better in PharmD curriculum, serving as AMBA electives and AMBA stats course
- 9 courses (27 credit hours) within MBA program.
- Online MBA “boot camp” may be required for AMBA courses
The PharmD curricular structure is available on the Curriculum page.
Save time and money by completing two degrees at the same time. Tuition and fees are determined by the College of Business and Technology. Students pay tuition and fees on a per-course basis. The tuition amount is prorated based on the total AMBA program cost. Pharmacy and Business/Technology scholarships may be available to offset the AMBA tuition.
Timeline for MBA
AMBA 5150: Accounting Information for Decision Making (counts as P2 Fall Elective)
AMBA 5210: Operations and Technology Strategies
AMBA 5180: Economics for Managers
AMBA 5430: Applied Corporate Finance (counts as P2 Spring Elective)
AMBA 5950: Health Care Marketing
AMBA 5230: Strategic Leadership (counts as P3 Fall Elective)
AMBA 5220: Global Business
AMBA 5500: Strategic Management Process (counts as P3 Spring Elective)
AMBA 5800: Strategic Experience