Submission and Approval
- The Principal Investigator should submit a completed IBC Registration Form for If
the investigator(s) plans to use toxic/hazardous chemicals that may require special
precautions electronically to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs via email
to email@example.com as an attachment (Word document file). And submit the signature page with the original
signature of the PI.
- The Chair of the IBC will review the Chemical Review Form and request changes or additional information as necessary. The Chair will refer
to the Chemical Safety Subcommittee.
- The full committee will review all registrations and requests at the next regularly
- A letter will be sent to the PI outlining the outcome of the review soon after the
- If the Approval Letter includes stipulations, the PI must ensure that these requirements
are addressed prior to initiating work.
- Approvals will be granted for a (3) year period and must be renewed every three years.
- New Registrations must be submitted every three years.
- It is the responsibility of the PI to submit a renewal registration or provide notice
that the PI will discontinue registered research after the anniversary date of the
- The IBC will review the Registration Renewal at the next meeting date and a letter will be sent to the PI soon after the meeting.